1. The Company will provide adequate staff and the requisite cleaning materials and utensils to ensure that the Clients premises are effectively and efficiently cleaned at the periods stated and as stipulated in the Specification drawn overleaf.
2. The Company will secure effective insurance cover in respect of the specified services under Employers Liability and Public Policies.
3. The Contract terms are drawn up in accordance with wages rates, Employers National Insurance Contributions and the cost of materials current at the date of this Contract, and if any such cost or other expenses increase for reasons beyond the control of the Company, the Company reserves the right to alter the terms of payment from time to time throughout the duration of the Contract.
4. If no written notice of complaint is received by The Company, it shall be assumed for all purpose that the services stipulated in the Specification overleaf have been performed to the satisfaction of the Client. Any such notice shall be given with 48 hours of the occurrence of the deficiency in the work carried out or the non attendance of the company’s employees or of damage to or breakage of any article on the Clients premises caused by t he negligence of the Company’s staff. Upon receipt of such notice, the Company will take all necessary action, without cost to the Client, to investigate and rectify the complaint.
5. A failure by the Company to perform its obligations under this Contract by reason of fire, explosion, accident, mechanical breakdown, interruption in the supply of power or materials epidemic, industrial dispute or any other cause outside the Company control will not constitute a breach of this Contract.
6. In the event of the Client moving to other premises will fairly adjust and specify to the Client any alteration in the amount of the monthly payment which shall follow such removal.
7. The Contract shall continue in all its terms and conditions until determined by either party by one month notice in writing. The Client should address such notice to the Secretary of the Company. in the event of the Contract being terminated by the Client without proper notice. The Client shall be able to pay the Company in lieu of such notice, an amount equal to the payment that would have been due to the Company had the Client given the required notice and the Company continued to perform its obligation under t he Contract throughout the required period of notice.
8. Payment under this Contract shall be made against the Company’s official invoices which shall be due for payment by the end of each calendar month service period. If any instalment of the Contract price shall not be paid within 14 days after its due date, the Company reserves the right to discontinue work and to claim the full sum for all work completed to the date of such termination. In addition the Client shall be liable to compensate the Company as if the Client had terminated the contract without proper notice . The Company reserve the right to charge interest at the rate of five per cent (5%) above the base rate of The Bank of England from time to time on any sum that becomes overdue in addition and not in substitution to its right at law.
9. By way of restraint, the Client agrees not to solicit, either on his own account or on behalf of or as a representative of any other person, firm or company, the whole or part-time Services of the or entice away, any employee of the Company a member of their family or sub-contractor in any capacity within one year after the expire of this Contract whether the same shall be determined in accordance with condition 7 hereof or otherwise.
10. The Company shall not be liable for damage to electric light fittings or bulbs, sash cords, burglar alarms fittings or glass already damaged or for damage arising from faulty construction or condition o f t he premises, unless the Company expressly agrees to accept such liabilities in writing upon the terms to be agreed between the parties.
11. The Client shall at all times ensure t hat electrical appliances including computers or carrying high voltage shall be switched off or shall be in safe condition during the whole time cleaning is being carried out.
12. The Client shall provide free of charge, suitable and safe accommodation of such equipment and materials as the during the currency of this Contract, the Company
13. The Company’s obligations are limited to carrying out the tasks specified in the specification. Verbal arrangements shall not from part of the Contract. Any variation in these Conditions can be made only by letter from the Company signed by or on behalf of the Company by a duly authorized officer.